About Me

My photo
I love to teach and I love math. Teaching has always been a passion since I was in 5th grade. I gained a love of math later in eighth grade. I have been told that I always have a smile on my face and a song in my heart which is the best description of me.

Monday, November 15, 2010

My Sixth Day

So today I had them finish the 8 question clicker quiz. I had students who finished put their answers back in the clicker since it does not save the answers from a previous session. Everyone finished the quiz today and I got students on task doing homework right after that. The students who are really squirmy didn't settle down to get anything done, but I caught their antics and made them at least open their book. I had trouble getting not only the squirmy ones to settle, but the advanced students as well. The student that I am worrying about is getting all the material knows all the right answers, but can't show their work or does not turn in the work. Although I got a few more students to get work done. I will have to remind students about it some more tomorrow. I hope to have everyone turn in the homework by Friday. I will have to have students take the test after school for those who missed it or didn't finish it. I know that students who are in math lab can take my test during that period. So I know that helps some of the students. Tomorrow we will work on adding and subtracting decimals, but I think the main focus will be word problems and figuring out which decimal is greater than the other. I know my students have adding and subtracting decimals down, but I hope to challenge them more and build their problem solving skills. This week will be review and word problems. It will be applying everything they know. I hope that this does not make students bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment