About Me

My photo
I love to teach and I love math. Teaching has always been a passion since I was in 5th grade. I gained a love of math later in eighth grade. I have been told that I always have a smile on my face and a song in my heart which is the best description of me.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Student Reflections on my Class

So the students had to fill out this survey of questions to help the teachers to get  an idea of what to write about in the letters of recommendation. I found the surveys very helpful for some students. Other students did not understand the question or the point of the question. Some students were too vague or didn't give really good specifics.

However I wanted to share with you some of the comments students made about my class and my teaching. Reading some of these made me feel like I was doing something right in the classroom. These are responses to why calculus is their favorite class (I did not edit the students answer so that you can see what level of English my students have).

Student 1: Seriously, I am very interested in Calculus. The teacher is very good at teaching and always gives us a lot of examples to practice which improves our knowledge of Calculus a lot. Miss Lomax is very interesting and we can play little games in her class. I like the challenging questions the occurring in Calculus which let me always want to do my best in this subject.

Student 2: Calculus is very interesting and can be connected with other courses such as physics. Calculus always brings up several methods for one question. Some methods used to solve the questions are miraculous. The solving process provides the opportunity of thinking. The in-class group discussions and fellow cooperation are quite excellent.

I put a lot of emphasis on solving problems or explaining problems in different ways which is what I think student 2 is referring to. I make sure students who solve problems in a different or unique way share their method with the class. I make sure which discuss the methods and compare them as well.

this student also enjoys solving problems different ways as well

Student 3: When solving one difficult question , I will have a feeling of fulfillment. Also, I love the approaches to working Calculus are cool and fantastic.

Student 4: Because the knowledge of calculus are practical, which can be used in many spheres of our everyday life to solve some common but cumbersome problems. Also the calculus teacher is really skillful who can keep attracting students’ attentions in class.

Oh here is one of my favorites

Student 5: Mathematics has been my defect for my grades for more than 6 years. However, when I first turn to the calculus courses, I was awakened. I never thought that mathematic problems could be solved in such amazing and interesting way. I have no interests in Math simply because I was not able to find the applications in real world. Derivatives and Integral opened a new gate for me. I then fell in love with this charming course.

Student 6: Because our calculus teacher is very humorous and kind. She always explain my questions patiently before making sure I truly understand the knowledge point. Also, I think Calculus is very important for my college study and even useful for my future work.

These are just a few that I read and enjoyed. I will read through more of the surveys and add more student comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment